Chopped Asian Salad with Creamy Peanut dressing
for the salad:
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- ¼ small head red cabbage, thinly shredded (optional- for a vibrant color)
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 orange or yellow pepper julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup chopped raw cashews or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or hemp seeds
for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons water (can add more to your preferred consistency)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Combine the salad mixture and toss.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle peanut dressing over salad in individual portions to avoid over dressing.
Store salad separate from dressing to keep veggies crunchy
Great served alone or topped with grilled chicken or salmon!