Category: Dips and Sides
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large eggplant -peeled and diced
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced whole tomatoes or ¾ can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or chopped basil
- 1 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon pure honey
- salt/pepper - to taste
Heat oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped eggplant, onion, tomato and celery and saute over medium-low heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, parsley through honey.
Sauté until all is cooked to your taste and texture, about 5 minutes.
Can be eaten cold or warm with toasted pita chips, or any healthy crunchy dipping agent.